Home » Gossip

Mariah Carey’s Former Friend Dishes On Her Relationship With Eminem

Submitted by on October 7, 2010 – 9:46 am34 Comments

In his new memoir Guilty By Association, Damion “Damizza” Young, Mariah Carey’s former manager, producer, and ex-BFF, provides some insight into what led to the bad blood between the R&B diva and Eminem. Speaking to In Touch Weekly, Young admits he was the one who introduced Carey to the temperamental hip-hop star, and professed it was the biggest mistake he’s ever made. Damn, those are strong words!

Young also revealed that once the duo met, the rapper didn’t waste any time asking Mi-Mi to read for a part in his hit movie, 8 Mile. Thinking she would be auditioning for the role of his love interest, Mi-Mi was taken aback when Em told her he wanted her to play his mother in the film (oh wow, major violation). That slight, despite how inadvertent it may have been, would’ve turned me off immediately, but the extremely odd couple instead grew close, and according to Young, “Em even violated his probation to be with Mariah in New York before their relationship blew into an epic, ‘he said, she said.’”

Epic isn’t the word as these two have been taking shots at each other in songs, videos, and interviews on a fairly consistent basis ever since their relationship, fling, phase, or whatever it was came to an end. As for the nearly decade long back-and-forth, Young indicated all of it could’ve been avoided had the duo listened to him from the start. “I warned them both, but they didn’t listen,” he told In Touch. “The guy [Eminem] eats pop stars for a living. Say one thing he doesn’t like, he’s gonna attack.”

That hasn’t stopped Mi-Mi’s hubby Nick Cannon from defending her honor. Since exchanging “I dos” with the singer, Cannon has released a diss song, talked smack on his morning radio show, and even challenged Em to a fight (blank stare). Nick hon, you better stop playing and stick to introducing rapping grandmas, belly dancers, and fire-eaters on that variety show you host.

• Jaz says:

LMAO! WE ALL KNEW MARIAH WAS LYING! HA! Why would she deny going out with Em when it’s true? Plus he’s hot.. so, you just wouldn’t deny it. She’s obviously crazy.

• ed k says:

Stupid B*tch Shud admit it now, bin goin on 2 long, wont matter to slim shady much, he lives of the heat people feed him, many will b glad to see the back of this soap opera.

• kel says:

lol he wanted her to play his mother in 8 mile? I’m surprised they didn’t break up right after he said that

• [...] Mariah Carey's Former Friend Dishes On Her Relationship With … [...]

• kay says:

I love Eminem and Mariah’s music but I knew she is lying. Eminem is telling the truth in the warning song he goes into too much detail. Whereas, whenever she is asked about it it’s always ”I don’t eat candy”or whatever lol.

• the truth says:

mariah never lied hello she never said they don’t date she said they never had sex its two differnet things people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffdTlPO22G4 :)

• to me says:

it looks like they dated be something went wrong (eminem) that they broke up they just wasn’t good for each other people we don’t know what really happen mariah said they never had sex em said they had sex once who know this article don’t confirm anything only that they was together WHICH THEY BOTH NEVER DENIED:P

• [...] to introducing rapping grandmas, belly dancers, and fire-eaters on that variety show you host. source Filed under: Mariah, Other Celebrities, Personal Posted by Seymone | No Comments » Date [...]

• [...] Mariah Carey's Former Friend Dishes On Her Relationship With … [...]

• Christine says:

I don’t know, I don’t think they were ever intimate. I really can’t see her falling for a guy like that, he’s not her type. She’s very flirty, I’m sure he thought he was in and then he got shut down.

• B says:

Mariah and Eminem only hung out a few times. They never got intimate. Mariah is like naturally flirty and doesn’t even realize that what she is doing is “flirtatious” sometimes, and naturally Eminem got the wrong idea (a lot of guys probably would too). He probably tried to go in on her but got shut down, so obviously he would be pissed (because he thought she was leading him on) and embarrassed. Back then Eminem was still just starting out, so then to say that he was in a relationship with Mariah would get his name further out there, plus it could have been a way to get back at her. Him or his friends probably started the rumor, and when she denied it the whole feuding ish started.

^ What I think actually happened.

It’s weird that Eminem always threatens to release phone calls or whatever, but never does. Just saying.
    What “happened” between Mariah and Eminem is probably basically just a misunderstanding that got out of hand.

• D Eischen says:

haha Nick Cannon wanted to fight Eminem.What a dumbass i mean i know u have to stand up for yah girl but c’mon you dont go after a guy that could destroy u on tha mic and most likey on the street.I mean Eminem has got more talent in his left nut then Nick Cannon has got in his whole body and i really dont know if Eminem can fight but you dont really want to test a guy who is known for his violent lycrics and beefs idk i would just tell Nick Cannon to shut the hell up before Eminem says somthing that will destroy his pathetic career

• Eminemsucks says:

Eminem is a low lying piece of garbage, he should be happy he could even be with Mariah Carey. Stooping so low as to get media attention, I wouldn’t be surprised MC isn’t even attracted to that fugly cunt. MC is rich, talented and a DIVA, what the hell this Eminem think he is? Fuck off you white trash.

• That Guy From... says:

Fake shit! If Em really had phone messages and that he would’ve released them AGESSSS ago… truss me! He ain’t got shit!

He is lucky I ain’t Mariah, I would’ve dissed his ass to the welfare!!

• I says:

Lool this whole situation is so old! Even Eminem said so himself! Mariah needs to stop lying and Nick Cannon needs to wake up, get a proper career and stop sponging off his alcoholic wife.

• J.CIRCUIT says:

I think eminem would beat nick in a fight. Eminem is just so crazy he probably would go ape sh*t on Nick.HAHAHAHAH Nick just don’t look like a fighter, he’s just a lover boy.

• durk niggler says:

Em loses points with me…name one rapper that goes after popstars on a consistent basis….i’ll wait, shit is corny and always will be.

• They may have DATED but that doesn’t mean they had sex. I’ve dated many men that I haven’t slept with. The way Em keeps going on about her years later is pathetic. Eminem is a bitch, that’s why his rap name is after candy because he’s sweet and sugar. He never goes hard when it comes to other rappers in the game but you will diss pop stars, Elton John and MOBY? Be real with yourself Eminem is a lame, can we take the hood pass back from this trailer trash?? He’s the corny one at least Nick is defending his wife’s honor.

• rick says:

rick…

excelent post, keep it coming…

• Ashleaa says:

Pfft, mariahs a liying peice of dirt, obviously they fucked..

• jason says:

She’s always had a thing for the niggas and white niggas. If she was not so famous and rich she would probably be a hood rat.

• [...] Mariah Carey's Former Friend Dishes On Her Relationship With … [...]

• I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Superb work!

• Rob Rasner says:

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog post and find many of your post’s to be what precisely We are seeking. Does one supply other people to post material for yourself! I wouldn’t mind producing a post or perhaps highlight upon a number of the subjects you write about here. Yet again, amazing website!

• CieAura says:

Thanks for ones marvelous posting… We seriously loved studying this, you could be an great contributor. We shall make sure to book mark your blog site and will eventually return from now on I wish to motivate that you continue your great writing, have a nice day!

• cna online says:

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and definitely will come back at some point. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!

• EM ROCKS O's says:

we all know eminem never lies… he doesn’t need to

• eron says:

@durk niggler the lyrical beast chino xl makes fun of anybody & everybody. famous or not.

• MoldedCupcake says:

It doesnt matter whether or not the shit really happened. It never has. The only important thing is the whole story has helped keep those benjis rolling in for both artists.

• mariah is a lying pieace of dirt she should be happy eminem even nows her name eminem should realse the nude pictures and phone messages he has of her that way evey one will no the truth that lying hoe as for the stupet husband you not even worthy to say eminem name let alone come after him in a diss track i wish you and eminem did have a street fight that way eminem could rerange your face but i supposed he would be doing you a faver becouse any thing would be a step up from wat it look’s like now you just trippin becouse you got eminem dirty leaft over’s and you and your cunt of a wife now’s that

• The effect is impressively faster since the medication is absorbed rapidly in the
    blood stream. These will protect you towards unwanted being pregnant, as well as a wide range of stds and stis.

Here is my webpage: home std test kit