Home » Gossip

Trey Songz Addresses Gay Rumors

Submitted by on December 20, 2010 – 11:36 am65 Comments

Dealing with gay rumors almost comes with the territory of being a male R&B singer, but Trey Songz has had it up to here with questions about his sexuality. Since achieving music superstardom a few years ago, the “Bottoms Up” singer has dealt with accusations he plays for the other team (hell, I’ve even heard dude plays for both teams), and during a recent interview with New York’s Power 105.1, Trey tried his best to dispel the rumors. The R&B heartthrob said:

“The first I heard about it was on a blog about a year ago and I remember the actual day because I was with my manager Kevin. He said, ‘Did you her about this?’ He said we ignore stuff like that but I was hot because I love the ladies. What I’ve learned in this business is that people will make their own reality of whatever they want to.”

“What I encourage my fans to do and people that just have a sensible mind…you can’t allow whatever someone else says to be your truth. Just because it’s written on an Internet blog that has so many viewers or so many hits it doesn’t make it true. I just keep living my life, you know the truth always comes to light.”

I hear you Trigga Trey (that nickname alone is a little suspect to me), but while you’re busy trying to convince everyone you don’t have a rainbow flag hidden somewhere in the back of your closet, what immediately comes to mind is the phrase, “doth protest too much.” I’m just saying.

• lovely songz says:

Give us Trey songz a break,I mean come on go and get a life instead of sitting around waisting your time thinking bout Trey songz all day wishing you was that fine and sexy mannnnnn with all eyes on you.Give it break you find someone lol!!!!

• Kiera says:

I love Trey and he is so not gay, every time he come to Cincinnati he acts up. That is all I will say. I love mr. Songs

• kayshawnaaa says:

i think this is a bunch of bull ish ! yall alwayss wanna tlkk abt sumbdy i swear this stuff getss on my nervessss ! TREY SONGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ IS NOT GAYYYYYYYY ! likk WTF ! c’monn NOW ! PISSED ! I LOVEEE YOUUU TREYYYYY !!!!!!!! <3! <3! MWAHH !

• Le'Asia says:

WOW!!!!! You people really need to get a life OMG Seriously but just because you might be gay don’t mean he is ok get it right get it tight and don’t get it twisted ok he’s is soooooooooooooooooooo not gay!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 love peace and happiness!!

• killa kkkayy says:

why Cant Everone just chill hell he a grown ass MAN !

• dachell says:

mannn trey songz is not gay think about it people as much sex as he tlk about im pastive his not gay he tew sexy 4 tht and he really dont need people saying tht his gay and wht wrong being gay………people should be happy with who they r and honsetly people dont have a life get one and stay out of his…………..nuff said goodbye

• Cora Jones says:

ok for one dis shit pissed me off wen i heard it there is no way on gods green earth that he put this beautiful black man on earth to be gay anyway..god created him jus for our pleasure..thank you god #loveyoutrey

• cookie27 says:

luk muthafukers just cus Yall uhly asses aint him and yall Ugly cant be hiom or sing lik him or get bitches lyk hime dnt fukkin get got damn mad so stop fukin Got damn hatin all the fukin time Damn!!! AND IM A LITTLE SKEPTICAL ON U BCUZ U TRY AND FIND OUT THINGS ABOUT ANOTHA NIGGA TO SEE IF HE GAY OR NOT BITCH PLZ GET A FUKN LIFE!!!FUK YALL BITCHES AND TRIGGA TREY IS HOW HE BUST THAT p**** open bitches-so gud fukin day! ILY TREMAINE NEVERSON!

• :-/ says:

truth iz if he didn’t comment u wld b suspect so now he has commented n he is still suspect u can’t win in dis game… do u trey!!

• trey sognz said he was not gay then thats the truth u heard it out of his mouth so y go spread rumors saying he is gay thats phoney he loves the ladies give him a break and people trigga trey is his nick name so wat someone in his family propably gave him that name people just want something to talk about love u trey songz

• Trey Songz says:

Just want say thanks to all my fans who knew the truth. I love ladies too much to be gay. I’m giving a shout out to my Lil Cousin Ray Neverson who look an sing just like me. Go follow him on twitter at @OfficialRooneyy

• Naziism says:

I loveeeeeeeee Trey songs and idgaf what nobody say he ain’t gay . . And FUCK anybody that think he is . . Now WHO gone check me ? Lol NONE OF Y’ALL BITCHES ((:

• Nay says:

Fuck y’all hoess and bitch niggas that think he gay ! He ain’t gay and who ever think he is FUCK Y’ALL . . (: I love you treyyyyyyyy <3

• latisia says:

I dont give a fuck of he gay or not I love trey songs!

• Nay says:

Trey songs is farrrrrrrrrrrr from gay all he talk bout in his songs is lady pussy and shit . . I love him and he too damn sexy to be GAY TF ! he get plenty pussy I know that for a fact (: why TF he need dick if he can get all the pussy he want . . . He can get mines too if he want it