Escalation Map Pack DLC for COD: Black Ops
Right when the Call Of Duty: Black Ops began to dip into the redundant side, Activision came through with another 1200MSP downloadable map pack, Escalation. It was officially available yesterday to Xbox 360 worldwide.
To download, or not to download? That is the question. And my answer is, why the [bleep] not? This is one map pack you should NOT miss.
Much like the first map pack (First Strike), Escalation adds four new solid multiplayer maps (Hotel, Stockpile, Convoy and Zoo) and one new zombie map, Call of the Dead. What makes this map pack stand out from the rest is that Hotel, Zoo and Convoy provide a recognizable scenery, so it’s like playing on grounds that we’re all familiar with in reality.
- Hotel is an awesome, awesome map. It has a lot of areas to duck and run into to ditch a tail. You’re running around on a nice hotel property that provides a casino, spa, restaurant, a pool with it’s own bar and every amenity that comes with a hotel. To throw in a new dynamic, Treyarch featured elevators for you to interact with. You have to hold down X to operate it so it leaves you vulnerable.
- Zoo is a nice sized map and is very similar to Carnival from
First StrikeMW2 Resurgence Pack. It’s easy to tell your teammates where enemies are. For example, “we got a camper in the bear exhibit,” “two guys on the tram.” It’s a fun map with many shooting planes to look out for.
- Convoy is the smallest map of the four. It’s located around a collapsed freeway overpass near an exit with a rest stop, motel, diner and gas station. You can drop down through the center crack onto the freeway beneath and duck off to either side.
- Stockpile is a large winter map that’s great for all types of players — snipers, runner/gunners and campers. Every area is well camouflaged so it’s easy to blend into and hide.
- Zombies: Call of the Dead is damn right hard. It’s hard no matter what sensitivity you have your controller set on. It’s a huge map and you have to keep moving because there’s no place for you to hold down. There’s a zip line you can zip through to get from area to the next. There’s also a giant zombie you can’t kill. Every time you shoot him, he’ll chase you. You’ll have to lead him to water and he’ll chill out.
Neat new features, cool [bleeping] maps. Escalation is worth your hard earned $15USD.