Home » Gossip, Silly

Drake Is Pissed At The Artist Who Tattooed His Name On A Girl’s Forehead

Submitted by on December 28, 2011 – 2:52 pm15 Comments

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo might have just hit theaters, but it seems everyone can’t stop talking about that other girl with a tattoo. You know, the girl with the Drake tattoo.

A few weeks ago, a Drake superfan walked into Los Angeles Tattoo parlour, Will Rise, and begged tattoo artist Kevin Campbell to give her the Drake tattoo pictured on her iPhone. “She was really psyched about it,” Kevin told vice.com about the woman. “She had the shitty font all picked out on her iPhone ready to go and was pretty adamant about putting it on her forehead. She didn’t say a word about what it meant to her. Some of the guys at the shop asked her, and she just kinda giggled at them. When I printed up the first image of the lettering, she wanted me to go bigger, so that it went pretty much from each side of her hairline to the other. I thought she shaved her eyebrows for the procedure, so when I put the stencil on the first time, it was right over her (missing) eyebrows, but she had me enlarge it a bit and push it up towards the hairline. But yeah, she acted as if she had planned it out for a while; though, I’m not really sure how much extended coherent thought could actually go into getting such a stupid tattoo on your forehead.”

So, how does Drake feel about one of his fans taking his “Free Spirit” lyric, “Tat my name on you girl so I know its real,” to heart? “I want to meet her and understand what happened,” he told radio host Mando Fresko. “That’s cool, though, I feel you 100%, that to me is absolutely incredible.”

Sadly, Drake wasn’t so kind when referring to Campbell and resorted to blatant threats. “The guy who tatted is a f—— a——, though, I will tell you that,” he said. “I don’t f— with that guy. F— you to that tat artist, by the way. And you should lose your job and should never do tattoos again and I don’t f— with you. And if I ever see you, I’ma f— you up.”

For his part in the controversy, Campbell stands by his decision to tattoo the young girl. “My whole deal with people wanting completely outrageous and potentially life-ruining tattoos is this: I’ll ask them 3 times if they really think that it’s a good idea, I tell them what the potential consequences of getting a tattoo on their face might be, and after that, the bad decision is on them,” Campbell said. “I believe that people get the tattoos that they deserve.”

• Shad Riley says:

OMFG… Drake shut the fuck up.
    1.You dont own the name Drake(Wayne does you lap bitch)

2.The tattoo artist is jus doing his job. I know you dont have any tattoos so u may not know the process but, people walk in and ask the artist if they can do the job.He’s not going to not do his job for a guy he doesnt even know Drake is just a series of letters to him.

3.You gon fuck him up?..Really “Wheelchair Jimmy” I think you are the only who believes that.First Name Aubrey last name…Doesn’t fucking matter your name is AUBREY BITCH.

4.Get at me Shad Riley fool. I dont care how long you go without shaving how much black you buy or all of you new found violent rhymes “Make me catch a body like dat.” by the way who sings a line like that?smfh. You’re still a bitch, but the rap game is full of non-bitches and you jus wanna fit in. ” And i’m easily influenced by the niggas im around.” Your words

• LMAO! this is outrageous! I would be pretty pissed as well, this is insane.

• Conrad Lotz says:

Very neat post.Really looking forward to read more. Cool.

• [...] basically she got the name DRAKE tattooed across her forehead. Big, bold and ugly. According to the tat artist, she was not drunk; [...]

• Mariana says:

This is the saddest case I have ever seen! My God couldnt the artist try to at leaset talk her out of it? She is her own responsibility but it is so sad that when the hype wears off, she will have to live with this thing on her forehead. I think she needs psychological help, I really think she has issues. I feel so sad for her. Tattoos are ok in moderation but to have them ALL OVER your body or face is just so disgustingly SAD!!

• Nancy says:

I agree with Shad Riley.

Seriously.

• Jane says:

Shad Riley, you shut the f*** up man, Drake is his scene name, i mean how many drakes do you know you retard? the tattoo is obviously meant for him.
    The tattoo artist is doing his job, fair enough but he should ve taught her out of it instead of completely ruining her life. And dude how dumb are you saying:”wheelchair jimmy” it’s called beeing an actor, and he was like 14, that s just so low man. plus that s what actually started his carreer and now he makes million. Drake is a talented rapper and you’re just nobody. so the day you actually become someone, you’ll have the right to talk. but right now, dont think so. drake you sexy mofo i love you. but definately wouldnt tattoo your name anywhere on me.. peace.

• STFU says:

@Jane,

You should learn to read more carefully before calling someone out.

It says on the bottom of the article that the tattoo artist warns people in 3 steps before any facial tattoos.

I’m with Shad Riley on this.

Drake is a fucking idiot for saying something like this. He is in desperate need of some common sense. And rapping ability.

• deanna pavan says:

i named my son after him the artist Drake…and i tatted the name on me.

• whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? says:

How is this going look on a job interview? – or a first date even? I can’t wait in 10 years because I going to love looking at her wedding pictures! LOL LOL!!!!!

• The doctor’s words made him feel comfortable.He is collecting money.I will never forget it.This is by far the largest cake in the world.I’ve got to start working out.I’m glad to see you againI’m glad to see you againHe was efficient in his work.These shoes don’t fit right.When I was young, I’d listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.

• He appears to be your friend but I doubt if he is.Why did you stay at home? Let bygones be bygones.One third of this area is covered with forest.I see.Most of the earth’s surface is covered by water.Most of the earth’s surface is covered by water.Jean is a blue-eyed girl.It’s very thoughtful of you.Will you please try to find out for me what time the train arrives?

• Kate says:

Hold up,,, since when do tattoo artists play god?? Why is it up to the artist to judge and dictate who’s having what!! A tattoo artists is a tattoo artist… What it says on the tin,,, not your agony aunt… They shouldn’t have to say what’s right and wrong for the customer, they can advise all they want, at the end of the day the customer will either plead or they’ll go somewhere else to get it done. I work in the industry and its annoyed me that drake thinks he knows what he’s on about…people can blame the tattooists all they want.. It’s the people that want them. Like in this case, who’s the tattooist to tell her she shouldn’t have it done… He doesn’t know her from Adam and doesn’t know her life and neither do any of u who have commented above. If that’s what she wants then so be it. It sounds stupid when people r saying “what about 10 years” Erm I don’t think she’s too worried about then… She’s got it on her forehead… She’s obviously wants it to be seen and if not then that’s her own fault. F*** u drake and f*** u to the people who slated the artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• drakeisdope says:

@shad Riley
    How the hell u hatin on drake whilst listen to his ish…if u didn’t like his lines then how u remembering em soo well…lol u a H.A.T.E.R…. Coz u wish u was him…tryna get his attention much

• smooth says:

Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to take a
    look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my
    followers! Terrific blog and wonderful design.