Home » Society

Dark Knight Rises Shooter Claims To Have Amnesia; Doesn’t Remember Killing Anyone

Submitted by on July 27, 2012 – 10:26 am6 Comments

The man suspected (why are we still saying “suspected?”) of killing 12 and injuring 58 at a midnight screening of the new Batman film in Aurora, Colorado sure has been trying his best to seem as clinically insane as possible. If the bizarre facial expressions when 24-year-old James Holmes appeared in court didn’t leave you shaking your head, his new claim that he has no idea how he ended up in jail is enough to have you throwing your hands up in the air.

Yup, the guy who called himself “The Joker” is claiming that he has amnesia and doesn’t remember what happened on July 20th. A jail staffer said that Holmes asked “Why am I here?” Very funny, Joker. Very funny.

I bet you don’t remember purchasing an assault rifle either, right? Someone needs to ask why he bought two handguns and a shotgun. Did he forget that also? How about the 6,000 rounds of ammunition? Or how about the notebook that he sent to a Colorado psychiatrist where he sketched his movie massacre plan?

It’s bizarre and I’m not sure what this man is trying to prove. Could he be as crazy as advertised? I doubt it. It’s all an act now that he realizes the consequence for his heinous crime might be the death penalty. Holmes is yet another murderer that is seeking fame by his questionable behavior after the fact. Oh yeah, he doesn’t like the prison food either.

It’s safe to say that this is all an act and he lacks any remorse for shooting those people. Because of that, his penalty should be steep — whatever it is. So while he continues to spit at guards and ask jail workers how the movie ended, hopefully this will all be taken into consideration when his trial begins. And don’t let the inmates get their hands on a man who killed a 6-year-old. That won’t be pretty.

I’m sure he’ll remember that.

• Rosie Denato says:

Did you actually write a piece as reactionary and adolescent as this?
    There is a reason that lawyers and psychologists exist. When you have a degree in either of those fields, which I suspect you wouldn’t have the patience or capacity to attain, feel free to share your conjecture with the world. Otherwise, write for a tabloid.
    Pathetic.

• Andrea says:

The man has to be insane to do what he did. Should he be given any different treatment than say John Wayne Gacy? NO! This should just prove how ignorant our justice system is. Anyone can fake being insane but I hope he gets what he deserves so that the victims, and the families can finally have some piece of mind. And no I don’t have to be a laywer or a pyschiatrist to know that.

• Truther says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra This could explain how he doesn’t recall his actions.

• Truther says:

and it is “peace of mind”, Andrea

• Andrea says:

I realized my mistake after I posted the comment. Thanks so much though….. Also projectmk ultra is a ridiculous thought. PLEASE. I am so sure that happened I do hope you were joking.

• My partner and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to going over your
    web page repeatedly.

My page vita plus raspberry ketones [sociallyunitingnetworks.de]