Frank Oceans Says He Won’t Press Charges Or Sue Over Brawl
Frank Ocean is ready to move on from his highly publicized brawl with Chris Brown a week ago. The “Novacane” singer posted an open letter on his Tumblr Saturday, revealing that he would not pursue criminal charges or a civil lawsuit against Chris for allegedly jumping him when the two crossed paths at a Los Angeles recording studio. Although the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department previously claimed that Frank “is desirous of prosecution in this incident,” the Grammy nominee said in his letter:
“I’LL CHOOSE SANITY. NO CRIMINAL CHARGES. NO CIVIL LAWSUIT. FORGIVENESS, ALBEIT DIFFICULT, IS WISDOM.”
There have been conflicting reports over who really started the brawl, with one witness saying Chris threw the first punch. Shortly after the fight, Frank posted on Twitter, “got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol. i only wish everest [his dog] was there. cut my finger now I can’t play w two hands at the grammys.” Judging by his letter on Saturday, Frank is ready to extend Chris the olive branch of peace. Check out his entire letter below.